If you wish to apply, renew or replace your
Ethiopian passport, please read the following information carefully.
Failure to fulfill the requirements detailed in the service you require may result in delaying the processing or refusal of your application.
- All new passport applications must be made in person at the Embassy by appointment only. New passport applications require fingerprints.
- All applications for passport renewals must strictly be submitted by post.
- Due to COVID-19 and the issuing of passports in Ethiopia, we recommend that you submit your application at least three months prior to your date of travel or prior to applying for any other service that requires a valid passport.
- If the Consular Section requests additional documents from you, you will be required to submit the outstanding documents. Failure to submit the requested documents will result in refusal of your application.
- If your application is refused, you will be required to submit a new application. Please note that without a prior appointment, the consular team will be unable to deal with your case and you will be asked to book an appointment for a future date. To avoid disappointment, schedule an appointment by contacting us on 613-565-6637
- Please note, applications for passport renewals can no longer be submitted in person at the Embassy and will only be processed by the Consular Section when submitted by post.
- The Consular Section only accepts money orders and certified check payments. Payments by credit and debit cards, and cash are not accepted .
Types Of Visa
If you qualify for Ethiopian Citizenship, you may apply for a new (and first) Ethiopian Passport.
A child born outside of Ethiopia to an Ethiopian citizen parent(s) is eligible for Ethiopian citizenship.
If your Ethiopian passport is damaged or worn out, you may apply for a replacement passport.
If your Ethiopian passport is lost or stolen, you are required to apply for a new passport.
An application made for faster and convenient processes – Access this app by using your mobile phone. Take 5 minutes of your time to apply and have your documents delivered to you, in 3 Weeks.